Hello everyone and welcome to August and our final month in the states! This past month flew by and we have so much to update. First we would like to extend our most sincere thanks for everyone’s prayers and help over this entire process. Keep them coming!
So the biggest thing is we have obtained financial clearance! That means that our general budget has been met! If you are giving monthly, please continue to do so. If you have given in any fashion know that we are very humbled and appreciative of what you have done. If you have not given but would like to then do so, as there are always unforeseen things that could and probably will occur.
We still have a little ways to go to meet our vehicle budget. We need between 8 and 11,000 to fully meet it. The reason for the range is we have to find and buy the vehicle once we get there with the help of our team leaders and that is the going prices currently. It will be a used 4wd vehicle. We believe some/most of that will be meet, but as of today that is where we are. If you are interested in giving to that then you can mail a check to Sara and I (Ben and Sara Pryce, 122 Mickle Ct. Rock Hill, SC 29732). Support given to the vehicle is not tax deductible. The vehicle is required for us to go and is a necessity due to the remoteness of Kotido and the condition of the roads in general.
As you can see from the picture above our lives are currently in a controlled state of chaos. We are currently going through a rather long list of things that need to be done before we go. Most are small and rather simple, with a few big ones thrown in. The biggest might be us selling our van (so if you are interested come on down and check out the special we have on our last remaining pre-owned minivan (did you read that in a car announcer voice?)). Seriously though if you are interested let Sara or me know (phone/email/msg/shouting/messenger pigeon).
One good thing is that I finished the last day at my job on July 31st. I was very blessed to be able to work at the same place for the last twelve years and God used it to grow our family, both in number and in character. Packing has been interesting as we try to figure out what to take and what not to. We have come to realize that we didn’t have quite as much clothing as we thought we did. I have also come to realize that we or maybe I (Ben) will need to be careful on what I say as our English cousins have different names for certain things. Let me set the stage. Sara and I have been harassing Paul and Helen with various questions ranging from clothing to facial hair (mostly me). I asked if I should wear shorts or pants. In response I get a line of lol emojis in return. Then I find out I just asked if I should wear shorts or underwear. In the UK pants = underwear and trousers = pants. It was very funny and a great reminder that we need to learn Ng’Karamojong and maybe some English as well.
Our flights have been booked and we will be leaving August 23rd. Our flight will go as follows Charlotte to Detroit to Amsterdam to Entebbe. We leave around 1pm and will arrive in Uganda around 10:30pm on August 24th. It will be a long, long flight and we are incredible excited/nervous. We hope to update again around mid month before we leave.
- For the kids. I believe it has started to get real to them and they are beginning to realize what they are giving up and leaving behind. Pray they would adjust well.
- For Sara. Sara is a very organized person so this month of chaos is pushing her to her limit. To her credit she has been incredible. Pray for patience and peace.
- For me. Pray that I can lead my family well, that I would have extreme patience, calmness and direction
- That we would all abide in Christ. Every stress and situation we would put in his hands and walk boldly forward.
- For our team. We are beyond excited to be with them. Pray we would add to what they have accomplished, that they and us would adjust to each other.
- For the Karimojong. Pray we can have an impact in their community and that God would be glorified.
- For our vehicle budget to be met.
- For our packing and travel.
- That we would sell our van.
- For our home church and for my youth that I am leaving behind.
- That God would gain all the glory and credit from anything and everything we do, as it is His to begin with.